At Chipping Norton Opticians we are the only accredited optometrists in the area to provide an NHS Minor Eye Conditions Service.
What is the Oxfordshire Minor Eye Conditions Service?
The Oxfordshire Minor Eye Conditions’ Service provides assessment and treatment for people with recently occurring minor eye conditions.
The service is provided by MECS accredited optometrists across Oxfordshire who have specialist knowledge, training and skills.
Conditions that can be treated by the service include:
- Red eye or eyelids
- Dry, gritty, uncomfortable eyes
- Significant recent sticky or watery discharge from the eye
- Recently occurring flashes and/or floaters
- Painful eye including pain with bright lights
- Ingrowing eyelashes
- Recent and sudden change in vision
- Foreign body in the eye
- Unusual eye appearance (lumps and bumps)
Who can use our service?
You can use this service if you are registered with an Oxfordshire GP and are over six years of age.
How do I book an appointment to use this service?
Contact Chipping Norton Opticians to discuss the eye condition and schedule your appointment. This will be within 48 hours of the initial contact.
If you are more suited to a NHS or Private eye examination this can also be arranged.